When purchasing skates online it is very important to get your size right so you won't have to return them and pay extra money for shipping, not to mention waiting another two weeks to get the exchange done. Here is what you need to do to get the size right.
- Stand up on top of a piece of paper and ask someone to trace with a pencil around both of your feet.
- Measure the length of the tracing by drawing the longest line possible within it and measuring it to the closest 1/16 of an inch.
- Take this measurement and apply it to the sizing chart that corresponds to the brand of skates you are purchasing which can be found here
- If you are buying the skates for a child make sure to as half to a full size for growing room
- If you have a wide foot, get skates with a width measurement "Wide" or C
- If you have a narrow foot get skates with a width measurement "Narrow" or A
- Usually rule of thumb for figuring out your width is your own perception. If you have a wide foot, you know that you have wide foot because it's been troubling you with shoes your entire life. Same goes for a narrow foot. medium foot is usually when you are not sure if you have a wide or a narrow. There isn't a precise width measuring chart that a non-trained in fitting customer can use easily.